Here you will find a list of the Mindful Academy TTR1 Foundation course and TTR2 Advanced course Graduates all of whom have achieved the required teaching standards as assessed with the UK Mindfulness-based Interventions Teaching Assessment Criteria (MBI-TAC)
The Accredited MBSR Teacher (AMT) certification is only awarded to those who have graduated from both the Mindful Academy TTR1 Foundation and TTR2 Advanced courses and achieved the high level of teaching standards required for this certification.
We ask our Graduates to adhere to the Mindfulness based Interventions (MBI's) Ongoing Good Practice Requirements -
1. Commitment to a personal mindfulness practice through
- Daily formal and informal practice
- Participation in annual residential teacher-led mindfulness meditation retreats
2. Engagement in processes which continue to develop mindfulness-based teaching practice:
- Ongoing contacts with other mindfulness practitioners and teachers (i.e the Mindful Academy Sgrouples Graduate Group), built and maintained as a means to share experiences and learn collaboratively and
- Regular supervision with an experienced mindfulness-based teacher including:
i. Opportunity to reflect on/inquire into personal process in relation to personal mindfulness practice and mindfulness-based teaching practice
ii. Receiving periodic feedback on teaching through video recordings, supervisor sitting in on teaching sessions or co-teaching with reciprocal feedback.
3. A commitment to ongoing development as a teacher through further training, keeping up to date with the evidence base, recording and reflecting on teaching sessions, participation in webs forums etc.
4. Adherence to the ethical framework appropriate to the teacher’s professional background and working context.
A commitment to the above Ongoing Good Practice Requirements is a prerequisite for inclusion on the Mindful Academy Directory of Registered MBSR Mindfulness Teachers.