Kathy Ward is the Director of Training for the 200hr Mindfulness based Meditation Teacher Training, 200hr Mindful Hatha Yoga Teacher Training, Continued Professional Development (CPD) workshops for both Meditation and Yoga and live Mindfulness Distance Learning courses.
Kathy has been practicing meditation and yoga for over 30 years and trained with the Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP) School of Psychology, Bangor University. Admission to the programme is limited to those with extensive professional experience and a solid meditation practice. She is a member of the UK Network of Mindfulness Teachers and also meets and adhers to the Good Practice Guidelines both as a Mindfulness Teacher and Trainer of Mindfulness-based courses.
Kathy also took her first Yoga Therapy teacher training with the British School of Yoga in 2004 and went on to train as a Hatha Yoga Teacher and Professional Yoga Therapist with Integrative Yoga Therapy in 2005. She has diplomas in Clinical Hypnotherapy and NLP Coaching with CBT, Motivational Therapist and Coach.
With over 35 years experience in developing people, writting and delivering Training Packages, Workshops and Conferences, Coaching and Telephone Coaching, and an in-depth training in Mind-Body therapies specializing in Stress Related illness. She now runs Mindfulness MBSR Meditation Teacher Training courses, Mindful Yoga Teacher Training courses, Mindful Yin Yoga Teacher Training courses and other Continued Professional Development courses and Mindfulness based Interventions (MBIs) that blend the therapies and skills together. She also keeps a close eye on the latest research Mind-Body research and incorporates the latest developments, for example using yoga based stress management techniques for Heart disease, the power of positive visualisations with Cancer and other chronic illnesses, Brainwave entrainment and Biofeedback for rapid and long lasting personal change and improved Well-Being.
She has been published in Female Focus, Mind Body Spirit and Golfers Link. She is dedicated to helping others on their individual journey to wellness and developing their true potential. She currently holds the following:-
- Mindfulness Professional MBSR Teacher Training with The Centre of Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP) Prifysgol Bangor University
- Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy for Cancer MBCT ca Training with Trish Bartley and Christina Shennan at The Centre of Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP) Prifysgol Bangor University
- Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher ERYT500 with the UK Yoga Alliance Professionals
- Senior Yoga Teacher (SYT) with the USA Yoga Alliance
- Professional Yoga Therapist PYT 500
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy and NLP Coaching with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Motivation Therapist and Coach Dip.C.Hyp.NLP
- Validated Practitioner with the General Hynotherapy Standards Council
- Yoga Therapy in Practice
- Meditation, Pranayama, Mudra and Pranic Healing
- Yoga and Ayurveda
- Restorative Yoga
- Somatic Yoga Rehabilitation
- Meridian Therapies and Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
- Life Coach
- Performance Coaching
- Stress Management
Kathy is a Professional Member of the following organisations, she fully abides by their codes of ethics and practices: -
- Kathy is Director of Training and Founder of Mindful Yoga Academy, a Yoga Alliance USA 200hr Registered School ID 86485
- Kathy is Director of Training and co-founder of Mindful Academy, a Yoga Alliance UK 200hr Registered Meditation School
- Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (ERYT) meeting the Yoga Alliance standards at the experienced 500 hour level - ID 24646
- Professional Yoga Therapist (PYT) supporting member of the International Association of Yoga Therapists - ID 20484
Kathy is progressively updating her skills and knowledge base to ensure she keeps up with the new developments in the complementary therapies field including Mindfulness with CMRP at Bangor University.
Kathy's Mindful Hatha Yoga Website