Kathy Ward is Founder and Director of Training for Mindful Academy International a UK registered Accreditated Training Provider & Meditation School with the Yoga Alliance Professionals.
She is also Founder and Director of Training for Mindful Yoga Academy a USA registered Accreditated Training Provider, Yoga School and Continued Education Provider.
Kathy runs the Mindful Academy 200hr Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction MBSR Meditation Teacher Training courses as Urban Retreats which can be taken as either continued education, or as an accredited course leading to a certificate as a Mindfulness MBSR Meditation Teacher. She also teaches Mindful Hatha Yoga Teacher Training, 50hr Mindful Yin Yoga Teacher Training courses, and Continued Professional Development (CPD) workshops for both Meditation and Yoga including online Supervision, preparation for the Foundation and Advanced courses and online workshops for Mindfulness MBSR Teachers including Mindful Movement, the skill of Inquiry and exploring the Mindfulness-based Teaching Assessment Criteria (MBI-TAC) as a way to support embodiment and growth as a Mindfulness Teacher.
As a senior International MBSR Teacher and Trainer and member of the UK Network for Mindfulness Teachers, she offers live online 8 week MBSR Mindfulness courses to groups and individuals wishing to learn Mindfulness in the comfort of their own homes. Kathy also teaches a condensed 8 week MBSR Mindfulness 5 day course called Mindfulness for Beginners in the Albir Playa Hotel and Spa.
Kathy has been practicing meditation and yoga for over 37 years and trained with the Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP) School of Psychology, Bangor University in MBSR, MBCT for Cancer and as an MBSR Supervisor. Admission to the programme is limited to those with extensive professional experience and a solid meditation practice. She is a member of the UK Network of Mindfulness Teachers and also meets and adhers to the Good Practice Guidelines both as a Mindfulness Teacher and Trainer of Mindfulness-based courses.
Kathy took her first Yoga Therapy teacher training with the British School of Yoga in 2004 and went on to train as a Hatha Yoga Teacher and Professional Yoga Therapist with Integrative Yoga Therapy in 2005. She has diplomas in Clinical Hypnotherapy and NLP Coaching with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy CBT, Motivational Therapist and Coach.
Kathy has taught 200hr Yoga Teacher Training courses 15 times since 2010, first as an affiliate of IYT Integrative Yoga Therapy in 2010 and 2011. She then developed and taught the unique Mindful Hatha Yoga & MBSR Yoga Therapy 200hr Yoga Teacher Training, 200hr Mindful Hatha Yoga Teacher Training, 50hr Mindful Yin Yoga Teacher Training and together with co-founder Bodhin Woodward, the 200hr Mindfulness MBSR Meditation Teacher Training where Kathy was the Director of Training under the brand name Mindful Academy. In April 2017, so that we could reach more people, Mindful Academy grew into Mindful Academy International with Kathy as Director of Training running courses on the mediterranean coast and Internationally, and Mindful Academy Solterreno with Bodhin as Director of Training.
Kathy has over 35 years experience in Developing People, writting and delivering Training Packages, Workshops and Conferences, Coaching and Telephone Coaching, and an in-depth training in Mind-Body therapies specializing in Stress Related illness. Kathy has developed and delivered many Teacher Training courses, and more than 340 students have trained to become Yoga or Meditation teachers with her since 2010.
She has been published in Female Focus, Mind Body Spirit and Golfers Link. She is dedicated to helping others on their individual journey to wellness and developing their true potential. She currently holds the following:-
- Mindfulness based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Teacher Professional Training with The Centre of Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP) Prifysgol Bangor University
- Mindfulness based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) for Cancer Professional Training with Trish Bartley at the Centre of Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP) Prifysgol Bangor University
- MBSR Supervisors Training with The Centre of Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP) Prifysgol Bangor University
- Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher ERYT500
- Senior Yoga Teacher (SYT)
- Professional Yoga Therapist PYT 500
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy and NLP Coaching with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Motivation Therapist and Coach Dip.C.Hyp.NLP
- Yoga Therapy in Practice
- Meditation, Pranayama, Mudra and Pranic Healing
- Yoga and Ayurveda
- Restorative Yoga
- Somatic Yoga Rehabilitation
- Meridian Therapies and Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
- Life Coach
- Performance Coaching
- Stress Management
Kathy is a Professional Member of the following organisations, she fully abides by their codes of ethics and practices: -
- Kathy is Director of Training and Founder of Mindful Yoga Academy, a Yoga Alliance USA 200hr Registered School ID 86485
- Kathy is Director of Training and co-founder of Mindful Academy, a Yoga Alliance UK 200hr Registered Meditation School
- Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (ERYT) meeting the Yoga Alliance standards at the experienced 500 hour level - ID 24646
- Professional Yoga Therapist (PYT) supporting member of the International Association of Yoga Therapists - ID 20484
Kathy is progressively updating her skills and knowledge base to ensure she keeps up with the new developments in the complementary therapies field including Mindfulness with CMRP at Bangor University.
Kathy's Mindful Academy International website