Anywhere in the world
Group online course
Anywhere in the world
Teaching MBSR Online Live Masterclass
3 x 3 Hour Live Online Weekly Sessions in Zoom + Handouts.
Location: Live Online via Zoom
Course fee: £125 per person
Course dates & times: Tuesdays 1st, 8th, & 15th Sept 2020,
9am to 12am UK time (10am to 1pm CET) 3h.
Who is this for?
This Live-Online Workshop is for Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Teachers who as MINIMUM have completed a TT1 and TT2 MBSR Teacher Training pathway with a reputable training body. It is also for more experienced teachers who have already taught MBSR courses in-person/offline and now wish to explore transitioning their teaching to the live online context. For teachers who have already taught courses online, this presents an opportunity to deepen their online teaching skills.
What does the course contain?
This course offers a live, interactive and collaborative way of learning and developing the necessary skills to teach the 8-week MBSR course via videoconferencing. You will receive guidance and explore ideas on how to maintain the essential teaching elements (contained in the 6 competency domains of the MBI:TAC) in the live online teaching environment.
This will include considering the experiential exercises contained in the MBSR course and how these can best be facilitated with creativity and with adherence to the learning themes of the session in the online space.
We will be creating a safe space for you to practice how it feels to guide and be guided in a meditation online and experience the Inquiry process, both as a teacher and as a participant. To further this you will have the opportunity to join practice groups for Guiding & Inquiry Practice in between sessions.
At the conclusion of the three modules, participants will:
- Know what the key technical requirements are for teaching in Zoom and what the most commonly used Zoom functions are for Mindfulness teaching.
- Have experience of guiding the practices & conducting Inquiry in Zoom in a safe supportive environment and with peer feedback.
- Have a foundational understanding of best practices for teaching in a live online environment within the 6 Domains of Competence of the MBI:TAC
- Have direct experience of building and nurturing connection with participants online.
- Have explored and experienced some of the challenges and the benefits of teaching online.
Minimum class size: 6 people
Maximum class size: 20 people
Testimonila from Josie Williams July 2020
"I feel privileged to have been on a course with Claire, as she is such a skilled and compassionate teacher who has ignited my passion to keep teaching in this new way”
Course Teacher: Claire Griffin
Contact Claire Griffin
Download the application form: Application Masterclass "Teaching MBSR Online Live" form