Anywhere in the world!
Master class x 3 x 3.5hrs + practice hours 7 x 30 minute sessions = 15 hours CEC’s
With Monique Leverington
Anywhere in the world!
TEACHING TRAUMA SENSITIVE MINDFUL MOVEMENT - (Master class x 3 x 3.5hrs + practice hours 7 x 30 minute sessions = 15 hours CEC’s)
Where: Anywhere in the world (online via zoom)
Timeframes: 3 x 3.5 hour sessions (and 4.5 hrs of practice sessions to do in your own time)
Cost: $270 AUD/170 Euro/155 pounds/200 USD Earlybird price – full price = $300 AUD
- 7 x Pre-recorded Mindful Movement practices
- 3 x 3.5 hr Live Lectures, workshops, practices via zoom
Daily schedule – please refer to the global times below
Wednesdays x 3 – 9th, 16, 23rd June
UK GMT 9:30 am till 1:00 pm - UK/IRELAND/SCOTLAND
EUROPEAN CENTRAL TIME CET (GMT +1) 10:30 – 2:00pm
NSW/VIC/QLD – 6:30 – 10:00pm SA/NT 6:00 – 9:00 pm WA/ASIA 4:30 – 8:00pm
Who can attend?
Those who wish to further their skills and created supportive and accessible classes for their communities both online and or in person and meet one of the following criteria:
Completed one of the following:
- MBSR TTR1
- Yoga and or Pilates Teachers (minimum of 200 hrs qualification)
- Accredited mindfulness teachers (MBCT, EFT, MSC, etc, school teachers)
- Those that have completed a 8 week MBSR course for ongoing personal development
- Therapists and counsellors
- PATHWAYS - 8 week MBSR course, MBSR TTR1 and TTR2 teacher training courses.
- An extensive manual is also included as well as 3 x 3.5hr sessions and pre- recorded mindful movement practices
This YACEP accredited course with Yoga Alliance USA (15 hours of CEC’s) is for accredited yoga teachers/mindfulness teachers who wish to invite attention, awareness, mindfulness cues, language into their classes. Creating a mindful movement practice that is 'functional' and is 'trauma sensitive" supporting students as best as possible during their practice.
Humans come in all shapes and sizes, with all types of injuries, pains, aches, challenges and skeletal, tensegrity (the relationship between the connective tissues, the muscles and the skeleton variation.
Humans also come with emotional and behavioural differences, they have varying values, opinions, attitudes and life experiences including trauma. As mindful movement teachers, becoming aware and awake to the differences means to recognise that all participants are infinitely unique. We have the best intention to keep people physically safe, but now we know that that keeping people emotionally and psychologically safe is also just as important.
Jon Kabat Zinn the founder of MBSR 8 week course asserts, “mindful yoga is a yoga of wholeness that has nothing to do with what your body can or can’t do in any given moment, or with how your posture looks. It has everything to do with the sincerity of your effort, with how awake you are in your life, and how embodied you are in the only moment in which you are ever alive–which is always now. Mindful yoga is a specific attitude and attentional stance that we bring to our practice, both on the mat and in daily life: namely, a refined moment-to-moment non-judgmental, non-striving attending to the entire range of our experience.
Monique is an international yoga, pilates and mindfulness educator and wellness coach.
Monique’s most recent role of the past 10 years has allowed her as creator and business owner of Synergy Yoga and Pilates to share the power of mindfulness and movement with communities far and wide. Monique has integrated her past work experiences and studies in Behavioral and Social Sciences as a Youth Worker, Mental Health Support Worker, Addictions Counsellor, Lecturer in Adult Education and Co-morbidity with her experience of guiding yoga, pilates, movement and Mindfulness.
Monique is a qualified teacher and facilitator of the popular 8-week Mindfulness Course MBSR or otherwise known as Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction. Endorsed by Jon Kabat Zinn and The University of Massachusetts. Monique completed TR1, TR2 and TR3 with The Mindful Academy at Solterreno Retreat Centre in Spain.
LEARNING THEMES AND OUTCOMES
SESSION 1 – 3.5 hrs
- What is Mindful Movement?
- What is functional movement and the role of fascia
- The role of interoception and proprioception in trauma
- Creating a safe container for your students
- Providing best practices
- Teaching movement that is invitational
- How to provide and set the right conditions for your participants/students for MM
- Practice session
SESSION 2 – 3.5 hours
- PTSD, Trauma and Mindfulness
- Window of tolerance
- Signals of trauma
- Signals of Trauma
- Keeping participants safe
- Integrating relevant conditions that include trauma sensitivity
- Best practices for teaching trauma sensitive mindful movement
- Practice sessions
SESSION 3 – 3.5 hours
- Foundations of Mindful Movement
- Body, thoughts and emotions - Attention
- Integrating the Attitudes
- Weaving intentional mindfulness cues and language into your classes
- Practice sessions and teaching
At the conclusion of these session’s participants will:
- Understand how to provide a creative, supportive, trauma informed and heartfelt mindful movement session both online and in person
- Have foundational understanding of best practices for teaching students of all shapes, sizes and ability
- Have an understanding how to adapt and modify movement according to student’s needs and providing safe and supportive conditions for those who may have experienced trauma at some point in their lives.
- Have an understanding how to teach students both online and in person with clear cues and guidance that are trauma sensitive
- Implement guidance that provides interoceptive and proprioceptive cues
- Have an understanding of how to integrate the foundations of mindfulness into class led sessions
Feel confident to teach mindful movement to meet a range of student needs that include:
- Trauma sensitivities
- Aches and Pains
- Offer functional movement classes
- Offer invitational cues that provides a supportive and safe class
- Online and in person
- Weaving in the 8 attitudes of mindfulness during classes
This course accrues requirements 15 CECs for YACEP Yoga Alliance USA