MBSR Teacher Training, Graduate Level 3 course, TT3
This is for Graduated Mindfulness Teachers with experience who have taught at least 3 full 8-week MBSR courses and have attended more than one silent retreat.
Graduate Level 3, MBSR Teacher Training
Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction MBSR Teacher Training Graduate Level 3 course
This further teaching is an opportunity to engage in a personal and group learning process which is designed to support and deepen understanding and skills in teaching and integrating mindfulness-based approaches in professional practice. It is intended for professionals who have previously attended a Teacher Training Level 1 and 2 with us, Mindful Academy Solterreno or an equivalent course with another training organisation (please contact us if you are not sure about equivalency)
The Graduate Level 3 Training is an intensive experiential training course offering space for nourishment, inspiration, and learning. An opportunity to engage in a personal and group learning processes which are designed to support and deepen understanding and skills in teaching and integrating mindfulness-based approaches in professional practice.
Fidelity to the 2017 CFM Umass Curriculum
We will cover Fidelity to the 2017 CFM Umass Curriculum.
"Adherence to the theoretical constructs and core elements of MBSR as described in this Curriculum Guide are based upon clinical experience and scientific investigations. Without such adherence, the veracity of MBSR will be diminished and the scientific results increasingly suspect." 2017 CFM Umass Curriculum
Teach Back Sessions (afternoons) –
There will be teaching practice opportunities typically by teaching an aspect of the MBSR programme, followed by a feedback and reflection process within the group. Participants might choose an aspect of the programme that they are particularly curious about, wish to experiment with, are unconfident about or are less familiar with. Alternatively, participants might use the space to bring a particular inquiry or question on a theme that they want to explore using the support of the group.
How can we explore the MBSR Themes through dialogue and reflection rather presenting didactically as a lecture? What does teaching through Emergence mean for us? Exploring together different teaching styles and practising our teaching and inquiry skills in small peer groups. The practice of assessing and creative feedback is fundamental for our development. It is our experience that the combination of time to settle into personal practice within the Solterreno supportive community and conditions, with time for teaching practice, and with small and large group reflection enables an environment which is particularly conducive for learning and development.
To ensure plenty of opportunity for small group practice and reflection the group size will be limited to 12 students.
We will explore the Inside Out Group Model: Teaching Groups in Mindfulness-Based Programs
- The Teacher: Inside Out Embodiment
- Reading the Group
- Holding the Group
- Establishing Safety
- Enabling Encounters with New Learning
- Befriending the Group
The IOG model offers a framework within which MBP teachers can deliberately engage with the group process to facilitate optimal learning during an MBP course.
You will experience in-depth workshops on the deeper intentions of the teaching and experiential learning of the full 8-week MBSR Course, explore who you are as a teacher and cultivate the embodiment of a spacious open-hearted awareness and a sense of 'co-journeying' with a spirit of adventure that is core to this learning style.
Four Foundations of Mindfulness
In Teacher Training Graduate Level 3 Retreat you will deepen your own practice. The first two days will be spent in silence during which we will explore experientially the Four Foundations of Mindfulness
Traditionally, mindfulness is thought to be applied to four domains:
- mindfulness of the body (kaya);
- mindfulness of feelings or sensations (vedanā);
- mindfulness of mind or consciousness (citta);
- mindfulness of dhammās (mental factors and categories)
We will also deepen our skills of how to teach all elements of the 2.5hr MBSR weekly sessions of the Mindful Academy 8 week MBSR course using the provided 8-week MBSR lesson plans and MBSR Participant Handbook. During this module, you will also receive feedback on your teaching from Bodhin.
You will also continue to learn Inquiry skills and practice relating to the theme and learning focus of each session.
- To develop competencies to teach the MBSR course from Competency to Proficient.
- Continue the cycle of learning and feedback on MBSR teaching directly observed by our team of Trainers.
- Refreshing intention, Reawakening a connection with our motivations for engaging in mindfulness practice in our personal and professional lives.
- Reconnecting with the intentions underpinning our personal practice
- Reconnecting with the intentions underpinning the MBSR programmes
- Deepening practice, An opportunity to settle into sustained mindfulness practice during both formal and informal sessions.
- Inviting an alive inquiry and curiosity into the process of mindfulness practice as it arises moment by moment.
- We cannot do this work alone. The programme will offer an opportunity to connect with others who are committed to mindfulness in their personal and professional lives so that we can draw support, inspiration and encouragement from each other. How we can each support the development of the community in our own geographical area?
- Strengthening MBSR teaching skills; The programme will offer opportunities to share teaching practice with each other, receive and offer feedback and reflect on the process.
- Supporting and sustaining ourselves; How do we attend to our own nourishment and self-care as we offer service in our communities? We will give time to personally and collectively reflecting on this important theme.
- Mindfulness in our everyday lives, Our MBSR teaching practice takes place within the context of the complexity of our working and personal life. In the supportive and spacious atmosphere of retreat life at Solterreno we have a new opportunity to investigate and explore how we can support ourselves to sustain connection to the immediacy of experience and to our intentions in the midst of everyday life.
CERTIFIED MINDFULNESS MBSR TEACHER:
On successful graduation from this level 3 module, you will be well on your way to earn the letters CMT (Certified MBSR Teacher).
This will need to also include:
Supervision of a 2nd and 3rd 8-week MBSR course and
Attending a second 5-day Silent Retreat.