This professional training course is intended for participants who:
- Have attended a MBSR 8 week programme over 8 weeks, or a Live Online course, or in Retreat format.
- Have a well-established personal meditation practice (not necessarily Mindfulness Meditation) of 2 years and a minimum 5 times per week.
- A desire to discover how to apply mindfulness in everyday life.
- Plan to or are teaching/integrating MBSR mindfulness-based Stress Reduction approaches in their work.
- Be at least 25 years old. You do not need to be a Yoga or Meditation Teacher to apply to take the course.
This MBSR Teacher Training course will introduce you to teaching the practices and curriculum of Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR).
The teaching skills you will learn are essential and common to both MBSR and Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- Facilitated by Bodhin Phillip Woodward
- To graduate as a certified MBSR Meditation Teacher with Mindful Academy Solterreno you must attend both of the residential, 11 day retreats called TTR1 and TTR2, and reach the required standard of teaching.
- You do not need to take both TTR1 and TTR2 in the same year
- These courses are NOT attendance courses and to graduate you must have reached required levels of competence in mindfulness based class based teaching during course assessments
- TTR1 counts as ongoing Continued Professional Development (CPD) and as such can be taken as a stand alone course for those wishing to include the core practices of MBSR Meditation into their professions.
EVALUATION PROCEDURE & GRADING CRITERIA
The evaluation procedure will be ongoing. During seven out of ten days the students will receive training on delivering the core meditations in the morning and every afternoon students will practice guiding the same core meditations in small groups. During these practicals the students will be assessed and feedback given using the Mindfulness-based Meditation Teaching Assessment Criteria or MBI-TACs